Τρίτη 20 Δεκεμβρίου 2011

Great hip hop artist from North Carolina who has cooperated with notable hip hop artists like
 French Montana, Fred The Godson, Mistah F.A.B, Prodigy (Mobb Deep) and more. Also shown on sites like
 (WorldStarHipHop.com, ThisIs50.com, BooBooTV etc).  Lo Keys gave us an exclusive interview and he talked about his future plans ,
he expressed his opinions and beliefs and also talked
about his new Mixtape (which is hosted By DJ Messiah with the title "Green Hornet ")... Read more!!!..

 Exclusive Interview : HipHopShaker.com featuring Lo key






Lo Keys Feat. Young Gliss- GoodWood Beads (OFFICIAL VIDEO)


 



[QUESTIONS :]
1. Tell us some things about you.

First thing's first i represent North Carolina to the fullest. Born and raised in Fayetteville, NC. That's where i was basically made at. I'm a passionate person about art and even more passionate about music. My journey is one that has been long but i know its not done yet we are just scratching the surface with the things that we have accomplished, so be on the look out for much more from our movement.  

2. Why did you choose this job-profession?

Well as a lover of art i used to put my thoughts on paper through pictures and design but slowly i transitioned that into expressing myself through words. I think this is the age of expressing yourself now. I enjoy expressing myself through fashion, music, interviews, and the press that my music gets. Its a very humbling experience for me. Being creative is just hard to do with a 9-5 job. You always have someone who is non-creative bossing you around trying to tell you what is good for you and whats going to make you successful. Lets just say that's not for me. (Laughs) 

3. How did you get started with Hip Hop?

I think almost like everyone else. I just grew up listening to Hip Hop. People like DMX, Jay Z, Tupac, and Biggie really changed my perspective on life. Listening to their expression and storied really inspired me to tell my stories. I think you can tell a lot through artistic views but the way i can express my thoughts and be descriptive with words is priceless. Songs are something that nobody can take away from me. When i capture my thoughts it is always a great accomplishment.

4. Who influenced your style?

A lot of different people influence my style. Basquiat and Andy Warhol who are both artist. Groups like Matchbox 20, Third Eye Blind, The Eagles, Jay Z, Nas, Easy E, Raekwon, and DMX also had a big musical influence on me as well. I try to take things from different artist and apply it to my life and my physical situation at the time. That's what inspires me to go to the studio. 

5. What is your favorite album of all time?
Thats a tough one. I cant really say that i have a favorite album of all time but on the flip side i will give you three albums that i really cherish. Empire Of The Sun "Walking on a Dream", Jay Z "American Gangster", and Nas "Illmatic" are all classic albums. All of those albums have a great message to listeners and play a great role in my outlook on music as well. 
6. Nas claims "hip hop is dead" what is your opinion?

Well i don't think its dead. I think its just transforming. Hip Hop goes through phases in my opinion. Where as NY Hip Hop had a huge run, then it went to the South, and now its heading back to the lyrical aspect again. So the word "Dead" means a whole lot more then the connotation that its being used here. Dead? I would say "No". Struggling, well that sounds more like it. (Laughs)

7. Who was your inspiration?

My inspiration was not any one person in particular. Making good music and getting my point across is really the inspiration behind everything. As long as i can express myself on these beats and say what someone else in the world is thinking my job is complete. I want to touch people with the music i make. 

8. When did you start making music?

I think i recorded my first song around the age of 17. Now i write, record, and mix my own music in our own personal studio. Investing in yourself is a great tool and i think with the technology that society is developing every artist should be inclined to learn to be self sufficient. 

9. What is your ultimate goal at the end of your career?

My goal is to set my family straight in the end. I have people i have to take care of so when the day ends if they are good, then i am as well. Making good music and putting my stamp of the Hip Hop game is also on the forefront as well.  

10.
Ηο
w is your mixtape going?..

The Mixtape is doing great we got over 3,500 downloads and couting. We also are shipping physical copies nationwide so look for those in a city near you. Shoutout to everyone who had a hand in the project.   

11. What's your next step in the hip-hop music scene??

Well we are making a really strong run right now. So your going to see more projects dropping with bigger features and even better music every time around. Videos, Interviews, Magazines and more major press is on the horizon until we get where we want to go. 

12. What do you think about the new kids that they want to involve with hip hop?? Do you have any piece of advice that you think is necesary for them??

Sure. My advice is stick with you gut and polish your skills. Make sure your circle is tight and full of people that believe. Everything is not about money, sometimes your skill and connections can take you a long way. Staying positive and leaving the negative in the dust. Follow those guidelines and i think you will be destined for greatness.

Your Opinion : Tell us your opinion about this interview and something about HipHopShaker.com

Shouts to you guys for the interview. It was a good interview. Appreciate the time and support from your website. Make sure you follow me on twitter @LoKeys910




Lo Keys - Jammin (OFFICIAL VIDEO)

 





You can find Lo Keys :
LoKeys Official Twitter :  http://twitter.com/lokeys910
LoKeys Official Myspace : http://www.myspace.com/lokeys910
LoKeys Official Website :  http://www.lokeys910.blogspot.com/ 
Lo Keys Official YouTube Channel : http://www.youtube.com/LoKeysBooking



You can find us :



0 σχόλια:

YOU CAN ALSO FIND US :

HipHopShaker.com. Από το Blogger.

ShakerContact

598041_200x200